How to Mix and Use Clay
The guide on how to use clay to kick start your day!
This downloadable PDF booklet helps new user's to understand some ways to use the clay.
Info About Clay
It is homeostatic and strives to return the body to a state of wellness.
Whether used internally or externally, its strong negatively charged ions pull, hold,
and capture positively charged toxins.*
It draws blood flow, oxygen and circulation for cellular repair.*
Clay has a pH of 9.7.
History of Cay
Clays have been used by indigenous tribes since before
recorded history. The medicine men used it for healing and drawing out
poisons from snake and insect bites, healing wounds, and as an aid to
pregnancy. The Christian Bible also makes reference of clay’s ability to
HOW TO MIX AND USE A CALCIUM BENTONITE CLAY
HOW TO MAKE A CLAY MASK
• In a blender add 3 cups of water then slowly add 1 cup. of powder clay.
• Blend on high 30 seconds. Be sure to wash the metal blades soon after mixing.
• Pour into an airtight food grade plastic or glass container with a plastic lid.
• Allow the mix to stand for 15 minutes with lid slightly loosened to vent and allow for expansion.
• Use for topical applications.
The clay mask is excellent for the following issues:
• pulling out infections
• deep cleaning pores
• reducing inflammation and swelling
• pulling out irritating venom from insect bites
• stimulating circulation and blood flow.
HOW TO MAKE LIQUID CLAY
• In a blender: put 4 cups of water and add ½ of cup of Detox Powder Clay
• Blend on high for 30 seconds
• Pour into a glass or food grade plastic bottle with a plastic lid
• Keep on Kitchen Cabinet and take the amount for your needs
HOW TO MIX FOR DETOX CLAY BATHS
• In a blender to 3 cups of water, add 1-2 cups of dry clay cover with more water until within an inch of the top. Blend on high for 30 seconds. Unless highly toxic use 1 cup of clay.
• Pour the mixture into the bathtub and rinse the blender with water. Before getting into the bath wash the blades of your blender.
• Soak for 20-30 minutes submerging as much of the body as possible. Keep the water circulating by stirring. Relax and enjoy.
• No need to rinse off, just dry off and notice how soft your skin feels. Baths in the evenings are preferred for a good night’s sleep.
DETOX CLAY FOOT BATHS
When clay baths are not possible, prepare a foot soak.
• Mix the clay at a ratio of 1 cup clay powder sandwiched with 6 cups of water in a blender and blend well until it is lump free.
• Pour the mix into a plastic food grade container with warm water and soak your feet for 1 hour intervals. The mix may be used several times.
• Cover it with an air-tight lid between uses. May be used several times.
The protocol most frequently suggested by practitioners is:
• Drink 2 oz. of liquid clay 3 times a day for 21 days, preferably on an empty stomach if you want the best cleansing effects.
• After 21 days find your maintenance level.
• After the initial cleanse the clay may be taken any time with or without food. One size does not fit all.
• If you have serious digestive issues you can gradually increase your amounts up to as much as 8 oz 3 times a day if needed. Always consult professional medical advice for specific conditions.
A poultice is a thick application of topical clay mask to an area for the following:
• open wounds
• broken bones
• arthritic joints
• back pain due to slipped disks
• pinched nerves
• toenail fungus
• eye irritations
• migraine headaches and other bodily organ problems
Clay poultices should be ½ to ¾ of an inch thick. In most cases a poultice can be left on for 2 to 4 hours or all night. Must use plastic wraps to hold it in place. Glad Press ‘n’ Seal is good.
DRY POWDER APPLICATIONS
The dry powder Calcium Bentonite Clay application is the most basic. Simply apply dry powder by hand in the amount indicated by the treatment modality. Dry powder clay is excellent for open, bleeding wounds and oozing rashes. Packing a wound with the dry powder will help stop the bleeding and keep it from becoming infected. It is also beneficial for treating gums, tooth problems and for brushing teeth.
TEETH AND GUMS
The first line of action involves brushing the teeth daily with Calcium Bentonite Clay. Use clay powder. The clay is absorbent, and it helps harden the enamel while it aids in gum tissue repair. Furthermore, if used regularly, it helps to prevent gum recession.
At bedtime pack your gums with clay powder. Do this by loading the toothbrush handle or a popsicle stick with powdered clay and gently depositing it between the teeth and gums.
Your saliva will stick the clay to your teeth and gums. Leave overnight. As a preventative measure, swish liquid clay in your mouth 2 times a day. These actions will pull out bacteria lodged in your gums and tighten the gum pockets to your teeth.
Drink 2 ounces of liquid clay twice daily, away from oral medications as needed.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
SHOULD CONSTIPATION OCCUR
It is not understood what gives most people three good bowel movements a day while others get constipated and some even have diarrhea. If constipation occurs, you need to keep drinking the clay and take whatever you use to keep your janitorial services working until the colon is cleaned out. Taking over-the-counter magnesium tablets of 250 mg is a gentle solution. For diarrhea you may need to bulk up with fiber or psyllium husk. After being on the psyllium for a week, take a good probiotic to rebuild the gut flora.
PRECAUTIONS IF TAKING MEDICATIONS
Check with your pharmacist to determine whether clay will interfere with any medications. Ask your pharmacist how long it takes for the body to absorb the medication. Then allow that time to pass between taking your medication and the clay.